Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Farmers' Market Bounty - March 3

I am still getting used to the fact that I live in Southern California. Our "winter" is nearly over, and it was considered a dousy because of the tremendous rain we have received in the past two months (almost the entire year's rainfall in that time). And while I know my friends in the four season climates are probably tired of me moaning about the sunshine and heat (as they brace for another couple of feet of snow) I still feel a little like Alice in Wonderland when I'm finding local oysters, mussels and clams at the Farmers' Market alongside winter squash, zucchini blossoms and baby purple eggplant. Incredible!

I quartered and roasted the artichokes in order to marinated them in garlic olive oil, recipe forth coming.

Stuffed squash blossoms are something I've always wanted to attempt but was too intimidated. If these are at the market next week, I'm charging through that fear!

This picture makes me think of October and November on the east coast, waiting for the leaves to drop and decay, one of my favorite smells in the world.

Do you understand my climatic confusion?

Hugs!

2 comments:

Blend said...

mmmm.... That Fishmonger is yummy looking!!

Oooh, and the veggies too!

Sarah S. said...

How about that good looking farmers market man?

(haha just saw what Blend said! Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks so!)

Please do make stuffed squash blossoms, I'd love to see that!