Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Farfalle al Limone - Bowties with Lemon and Walnuts

I have been meaning to try this recipe ever since I saw it on Aglio, Olio and Peperoncino.  And since I haven't had a chance to participate in Presto Pasta Night in a long time, so this was a great opportunity to try this dish and send it over to Ruth at Once Upon A Feast - Every Kitchen Tells Its Story for this week.

The original recipe was very lemony - too much so for me - so I added some walnuts to counter the acidity.  I'd love to hear if you add other things or stay with the original lemon recipe.

Farfalle al Limone (Bowtie Pasta with Lemon and Walnuts)

1 lb farfalle (bowtie pasta)
juice and zest of 2 lemons
1 shallot, minced
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup cream
1 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
2 tablespoons parsley, minced
1/2 cup walnuts
salt
pepper

Bring water to boil for pasta. Over low heat, melt the butter in the skillet and saute the shallots until soft. Add the zest and the juice and continue to cook over low heat. Cook pasta for 6 minutes. Add cream to juice and zest mixture, and continue to cook over low heat. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pasta pot and scrape sauce over pasta. Add parsley, cheese, walnuts and salt and pepper to taste.

Hugs!

Recipes currently inspiring me:

Roasted Cauliflower and Sausage Spaghetti at Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
Fried Rice Balls at Aglio, Olio and Peperoncino
Vegetable Wellington at Bitten

5 comments:

Nutmeg Nanny said...

This looks so fresh and delicious!

Ruth Daniels said...

Looks slurpingly delicious! I can't wait to try it and will let you know if I added anything. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Gay said...

I can't wait to try it out as well! My pastas have been mostly the tomato-type. Time to try other combinations.

Eleonora Baldwin said...

Kirsten! I am so happy to have inspired you with my recipes!!
You've driven some traffic to my site, so thank you for that too :)

Great idea with the walnuts to cut the citrusy sourness. Funny enough, I just posted a walnut cream recipe a few days ago...

Also glad my rice balls have gotten you salivating. I simply LOVE fried foods.

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Looks delicious - I love lemon and this is totally my kind of dish - I definitely like the idea of adding the walnuts though - they are a great accompaniment both in terms of taste and texture.
Sue :-)