Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Shrimp with Corn, Lime and Jalapeno over Orzo

Props to my sister for creating this Mexican inspired dish - succulent shrimp, pan-fried corn and zippy jalapeno with a squeeze of lime over it all and you have the perfect summer dish that cooks up in less than the amount of time it takes to cook the orzo!

I think this is the perfect dish to kick off summer right and an excellent one to remind you that I am the host of Presto Pasta Nights for this week. Since my entry doesn't have to travel far, let me take the time to remind you that if you want to participate, email me your entry - blog post and photo - by this Thursday, June 9 and check back for the round-up on Friday, June 10. Please send entries to kirstenmlindquist (at) gmail (dot) com and a cc to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com. Hope you join in the fun!

Shrimp with Corn, Lime and Jalapeno over Orzo

1/2 lb shrimp, deshelled
1 1/2 cups corn (frozen, defrosted is fine)
1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
1/2 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime, cut in half
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt
pepper
1/2 cup orzo

Cook orzo as directed. Drain and add splash of olive oil. Meanwhile, heat saute pan over high heat and add olive oil. Saute onion, garlic and jalapeno until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add corn and cook another 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink and curled. Juice lime juice over all and season with salt and pepper. Spoon over cooked orzo and serve.

Hugs!

Recipes currently inspiring me:

Walnut Pancakes with Maple Glazed Apples at More Than Burnt Toast
Roasted Chicken and Cauliflower at Pinch My Salt
Homemade Mole Sauce at Closet Cooking

2 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

It does sound pretty spectacular. Thanks for the dish AND for hosting Presto Pasta Night for the fourth time!

My Little Space said...

I'm glad I've found your site. Will try my best to join in the fun next week. Btw, you've a very lovely blog. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.
Kristy